Extended Edition iOS Beta Test and Feedback!

The game has definitely improved with added features and polish, but I do find myself in the same situation as the previous version of the game; lack of longevity. I know the following list may not be something you wish to include and that is fine. I just wanted to throw it out there.

What I really liked..
- Love the capital ship battles now. Both the frequency and intensity of the fights between larger vessels.

- Point defense seems to have been improved and is more effective against fighters and missiles.

- Polish to existing graphical assets and addition of new assets.

What I'd really like to see added or changed..
- Endless exploration (Endless mode) where you see how far you can get. I feel attached to my fleets and when the game comes to an abrupt end, it feels like all I can do is raise my score by wandering the last sector. (Not sure if this was added but I know in previous versions there was a total or 3 sectors?)

- Removal of the random Scraps / Upgrade currency at the start. Knowing I can get close to 2000 Scraps in Hard vs the 600-800 I normally get frustrates me into rerolling until I receive a larger sum. It takes a great deal of time to earn currency at the start of the game so rerolling is faster in my opinion. I believe a fixed amount or more balanced ratio would do.

- The ability to purchase more ship slots and field a fleet of more than 3 ships. I can't really justify buying the smaller class ships with lower hull when a carrier or battleship equivalent is available. Perhaps have a Logistics mechanic that shows different values for each ship type. Fielding many smaller ships or a few large ones would still be fair with this system. Ex. a single Carrier may cost 20 Logistics while a small vessel would only take up 3-4.

- Ways to upgrade your ships without taking up weapon slots, this includes Shields as well. The upgrade tree can upgrade Hull, Shields, Engines, Attack Speed of Main / PDS weapons and any other stats that works. These upgrades would be extremely expensive. This mechanic would really go well with the Endless mode and produce some really epic scale battles where your smaller, elite fleet battles against massive amounts of enemies.

- Missions where you stay and defend against overwhelming odds for a number of waves. In the end you receive a reward for completing it.

Messages In This Thread
Extended Edition iOS Beta Test and Feedback! - by Styles - 12-06-2015, 04:14 PM