Bugbyte Forums

Full Version: Assigning Jobs when crew asleep or free time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When you assign a job on a facility when the crew are asleep or free time they instantly get up and do it even if they are on a sleep schedule.
I was wondering if this is intended, or is there a way to assign a job to crew that they will do when they are next  on a work schedule?
I would imagine drafting them and getting them to do a job immediately would be a thing though.
I have never used the assign job feature on facilities so I haven't run into the issue. I go into the crew management screen and use priorities to assign people to tasks and use the "custom logistics priority" for facilities that need high priority. They seem to be pretty good at doing their chores in a timely manner. Is there a specific task that you are having issues with?
I normally don't either, They are as you say pretty good generally, and if they are not there is usually a reason.
I just thought I'd spend the time while the crew was sleeping checking the facilities for tasks to set for people when they woke up, and was surprised that they instantly did it even though they were not on a work schedule.
On the other hand, when there is a specific thing I want done RIGHT NOW, this is the way to do it. I've used this command for building/dismantling things.
(06-19-2020, 02:03 AM)Steelcrow Wrote: [ -> ]On the other hand, when there is a specific thing I want done RIGHT NOW, this is the way to do it.  I've used this command for building/dismantling things.

Yep - that is how I am using it now, as a kind of 'they wake up suddenly remembering they forgot to fill the composter" kind of command.
I guess assigning a job is like drafting them so they go do it immediatly. they probably think it's important, like being drafted or needing to man a turret console for if they need to fight pirates... i guess it's more of a command thing... just wait till they wake up to give them a command i guess...
This is indeed basically wanting a task to be done right away.