Discuss Battlestation: First Contact here!

Completed Episode 1 three times in a row, so I think I have a viable tactic.

I start with 10/25/35/30. As the game begins I build 1 bolter and 1 hangar. Then I move all engineers from repair to hangars. I don't change anything in research, so it's 10/10/10. After that I start accumulating hangars to the full 8 of them, selling the bolter too eventually. I set my fighters to offensive once I have 4 hangars, and move all the engineers to 2/0/33. I set all fighters i have to shields, evasive, autolaunch, and as soon as I get missiles researched I rearm them all with missiles. I only take pilots (2 times) and capital ships (also 2 of them) as reinforcements. I set my capitals near the battlestation and give orders to them only when the boss appears. I always manually set larger aliens ships as targets to take them down fast.

There goes #3. Surprisingly this was a lot easier than the previous one. Basically went mostly with the strategy used on Episode 1. As credits seemed to accumulate faster, I had 2 capital ships melting the hulls of attacking Schillae ships. Don't you just love the sound of alien ship hull cracking in the...void. Yes, as it was mentioned elsewhere in the forum, if you want it to be physically and astronomically accurate, pick up a book on astronomy. Now let's get back to kicking some alien ass. Celestials, prepare to meet your maker...

Commander Inverno, I salute you! I have not been able to beat the Trolgars myself. At the current difficulty stage I suspect there aren't many that are able to beat every episode, if any! So you have really done well.

I hope the Celestials give you a challenge. Perhaps we should introduce you to the unknown to give you a real challenge? Smile

As was with the others, the Celestials succumbed before my fleet!

Here's where it started to get a bit tricky. You really had to manage every aspect of the game now. Started off with 4 bolters, 3 hangars and (unlike any other episode) with a shuttle. As soon as one of their larger ships appeared, I captured it and with that made use of the -15% disadvantage their troops have.

After the capture, I sold the shuttle bay and started to build the end game configuration, ending up with 3 hangars, 2 lasers and 3 missiles. I know it's a bit of a game of luck with the research, but it's really a question of how you make that luck work for you.

Kept the defense close on this one, as the enemy's energy weapons cut through the station's shields real fast if not stopped. I concentrated all my fire on a single ship to bring each down fast. You shouldn't be afraid to bring even the non-shielded missile boats forward if needed. When they have forward momentum, retreat with jump is just moments away. Advance, destroy, jump. That's how you bring them down. Micromanage engineers at all time, I had mine on weapons most of the time as I found a good balance between stations weapons and fighters.

Bold tactical moves, a bit of luck with tech and early capture of one of their capital ships were keys to victory on this one.

The strike against the ships and spirits of the Celestials was swift and brutal. The hull trembling roar of my capital ships forward batteries, the creaking ruptures of alien craft made of alloys we've never even heard of and the inhuman screams of disbelief and agony of their crew, uttered in words physically impossible for a human to mimic. These are the sounds of war. Silenced for now. With this victory, the humanity is safe once again. But for how long... Bring out the challenger. I have no fear for the unknown.

Inverno, you are unbelievable, congratulations!!! I'll sleep good knowing we have a commander on board with the capability to save humanity. This will be a tough act to follow, you've set the bar very high.

I have beaten episode one and got to wave 50 on episode three and wave forty on the other two I personally think this game has some good ideas but I think that an update needs to come out soon to give the user more control over the fighters and the fighters that come from carriers and I think there should be a diversified weapon selection not just those few otherwise this a a great game and I'm glad I payed for the other three story's

What is this code I see on the game do?

I wondered about the code myself also and google search brought out nothing :\

Very good game though, came to contact via the kickstarter page (which i am going to pledge when i get some money)

I wanted just to try it out yesterday but i spent two hours playing it and beating the first episode Smile
[Image: uwxrZMN.jpg][Image: 76561197990064356.png]

has anyone else managed to board the boss ship and win?

It's hard to judge the roles of the different weapons without complete stats for them. Damage is listed in the game, of course, but it's meaningless without knowing the rate of fire. Bolters do 14 and lasers do 1, but obviously bolters aren't 14 times as deadly.

Admiral Geezer, Could you post at least range/damage/fire rate? Things like projectile speed and accuracy are easy to judge from watching the game, but there's so many other questions (Are orbs or missiles better against large ships? What's the best short-range anti-fighter weapon?) that I can't answer effectively without numbers.