Solar power/panel ideas, possible bug?

hi, its funny you just posted this, because I was just messing with my solar farm this morning and came here to post something I figured out.

I was having similar issues with my solar panels not outputting any power. here is what I figured out and now they are outputting pretty constant.

1. you can link to a power node further from you solar panel as long as the solar panel is inside the area of influence of the power node (4 or 5 depending on power node)
2. the percentage you see when you click on the solar panel is not power its generating, its potential power it can be generating out of 3 based on how close that sector is to the system's star. when you have the power grid view up, the panels will show either nothing, 1, 2, or 3 for power generation. if a sector has 75% solar energy, each panel can output at most 2.25 but the tooltip does not show decimals so it will show 2. (I have 10 panels so I can tell its more then 2 because my total power generation is 22 not 20)
3. solar panels will ONLY generate power when their own power store (max 50) is down. if its at 50/50 it will NOT generate any power.
**4. create ONE WAY links away from your solar panels. this was my issue. I had made 2 way links from my solar panels to the rest of the grid, so my power grid was filling up the solar panel stores to 50 and they didn't need to make any power of their own. if the links are only away power will only flow to the rest of the grid and they will keep producing.
5. if you daisy chain a few solar panels together, make sure the link flow 1 way to the rest of the grid.
6. add a few batteries to store power for when industry machinery runs in case it pulls more power then you panels can generate in the sector you are in.

7. I think if you want to be full solar you have to stop your generator. I haven't tested much yet but I don't think the generator will ever ramp down to 0 as long as its on. turn it off and turn it back on as needed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Solar power/panel ideas, possible bug? - by darrengray9 - 05-31-2020, 04:02 PM