question regarding grow beds

is that recent content? im guessing they updated the graphic for them in one of the patches. (total speculation on my part, i started playing at the steam early access)

i tried to separate the grow beds in their own room with CO2 producer, and therm regulator set to higher temp. did not notice any difference. so far the only things that i've seen numerically increase the growth rate (never saw it go above 100%) is botany skill and getting attended (unattended ones get cut to 50%).
so i removed the separator. wearing spacesuits while they work lowers worker efficiency and increases discomfort.
i tried a similar thing with my factory machines, but again didn't seem worth it, temp does not go up much and 1 gas scrubber takes emissions to 0 quickly.

on another note, a Reddit user mentioned power and water savings by keeping temp and oxygen in only a small living section of the ship and having the rest of the ship require spacesuits.
dont know if its worth it, but from a roleplay prespective, that would be one depressing ship to live on.

Messages In This Thread
question regarding grow beds - by Karl_H - 05-28-2020, 03:47 PM
RE: question regarding grow beds - by darrengray9 - 05-28-2020, 05:23 PM
RE: question regarding grow beds - by darrengray9 - 05-30-2020, 04:40 PM
RE: question regarding grow beds - by Karl_H - 05-28-2020, 05:57 PM
RE: question regarding grow beds - by Nodakear - 06-01-2020, 04:15 PM