Battlevoid: Harbinger BUG REPORTING

(07-11-2016, 02:49 PM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: Yeah, the leaderboard is capped at 10 000. You are a very high level so 20k won't be enough to instantly level up Smile

It looked like it leveled up half dozen times or more? The rank just didn't seem to increase.

Oh, don't know what happened there. Sorry about that. We will try to see if there is something wrong.

Lightbulb  (This post was last modified: 08-02-2016, 04:38 PM by Stampeder.)

After updating to the latest version, I get this Java exception upon clicking "Play Game" at the main menu:

Code:
Thread[LWJGL Application,6,main]
java.lang.NullPointerException
fi.bugbyte.jump.map.StarMap.load(SourceFile:373)
fi.bugbyte.jump.GameState.r(SourceFile:561)
fi.bugbyte.framework.z.f(SourceFile:62)
fi.bugbyte.framework.d.render(SourceFile:2539)
com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication.mainLoop(SourceFile:225)
com.badlogic.gdx.backends.lwjgl.LwjglApplication$1.run(SourceFile:126)

Strangely, this occurs only on my Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 but not my Windows 10 desktop. Both are 64-bit, runs Intel graphics, and have same version of Java (JRE and JDK) installed (u101).

Next, I went directly to Battlevoid: Harbinger's install directory in Steam and ran the harbinger.jar file directly, and found that it would work. But, if I ran the harbinger.exe instead, the above exception would occur. Seems like something went wrong with the executable?

Edit: Even though the game could be played by launching harbinger.jar, the save file isn't loaded. Hence, this could be a case of save file corruption? However, seeing that the game did not throw exception this way on the desktop despite sharing the same save file, I assume something else is the cause.

Thanks for the report. Can you download a save from the cloud when you launch through the .jar instead of the .exe? Could fix the problem temporarily at least Smile

Game crashes on android when I try to enter an engineering screen of some ships.
Crashes on: Zephyr, Armada and maybe more.

@Illaxmatist. Wow, that is one we have not heard before. Just some ships? That is very strange, don't know what is going on unfortunately Sad

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2016, 06:37 PM by lllaxmatist.)

(11-11-2016, 07:05 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote: @Illaxmatist. Wow, that is one we have not heard before. Just some ships? That is very strange, don't know what is going on unfortunately Sad

Yes. And it does not matter how i try to enter (i have tried directly and indirectly (from support ship screen)) it crashes.
List of ships:
BSE Zephyr
BSE Valhalla
BSE Liberator
BSE Armada (The most painfull loss - one and only capital class)
List may be not complete because i have just bought game. B.t.w. game is realy good.
Is there some way i can help with bug? (Some logs or other things)
Telephone model: GT - I8730
Android 4.1.2

We can try to have a look but this is just such a rare and odd issue that it kind of boggles our minds. Some ship works but some don't? This is literally 1 in 10 000:nds. Not one report of such an issue before.

We will let you know if we find something, but I'm afraid the chances of us being able to help are slim.

Undiscovered "fog of war" in map is positioned incorrectly, can see undiscovered systems at edges of map. Seems like the view of the map is skewed, can't move around in a certain direction as much as well.

Interesting. It could very well be due to the aspect ratio or the resolution of your device. Are you playing on PC or mobile, what kind of device do you have?