DevBlog #23 - Play Space Haven on PC/Mac/Linux by backing Kickstarter February 27th!

@Arturius.

Yep, you can put your crew to sleep! Although right now it is not needed for every jump, just in dire situations when everything is going really bad. And yep, we plan to have cryo pods also in derelict ships sometimes. And sometimes there is someone alive in there Smile

Congratulation for this amazing progress! 2019 is starting pretty well Smile Waiting for your Kickstarter campaign with impatience!

@Grabin. Many thanks! Glad you're with us! Exciting times.

I Respect the work bro is tough one to do on mobile games so keep up the good work Bugbyte?

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 01:10 AM by zephar.)

I don't normally support kick starters, but am seriously considering this one. Will the game alpha in April be available on Linux or just PC? Everything is saying pc mac and Linux, but I gotta ask. Nothing more annoying then paying for early access to a game that is listed for my OS and then finding out playing early access is not happening and I gotta wait on release anyways. I am not going to load up windows to play a game.

Looks really interesting, Wish it had a coop multiplayer mode (people both playing on same ship, but I get even coop can get complicated.) So ideas seem great enough for me that if Linux OS is going to be in early access thats good enough for me to fork in some money.

(03-02-2019, 01:09 AM)zephar Wrote: I don't normally support kick starters, but am seriously considering this one. Will the game alpha in April be available on Linux or just PC? Everything is saying pc mac and Linux, but I gotta ask. Nothing more annoying then paying for early access to a game that is listed for my OS and then finding out playing early access is not happening and I gotta wait on release anyways. I am not going to load up windows to play a game.

Looks really interesting, Wish it had a coop multiplayer mode (people both playing on same ship, but I get even coop can get complicated.) So ideas seem great enough for me that if Linux OS is going to be in early access thats good enough for me to fork in some money.

Yep, alpha is also for linux. Cannot promise it will work on all distros, but we've been testing and confirming it works on Ubuntu.

(03-02-2019, 09:04 AM)AdmiralGeezer Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 01:09 AM)zephar Wrote: I don't normally support kick starters, but am seriously considering this one. Will the game alpha in April be available on Linux or just PC? Everything is saying pc mac and Linux, but I gotta ask. Nothing more annoying then paying for early access to a game that is listed for my OS and then finding out playing early access is not happening and I gotta wait on release anyways. I am not going to load up windows to play a game.

Yep, alpha is also for linux. Cannot promise it will work on all distros, but we've been testing and confirming it works on Ubuntu.

Sounds great, I am going figure out backing this before time runs out then. Look forward to playing!!! on other distros of LInux really if you make it work with Ubuntu if people want to go on other distros they need to figure out how to make it work, although generally its not that hard anymore to work with other distros as it use to be.

(This post was last modified: 03-10-2019, 04:08 AM by supernet2.)

Im a bit sad to see nothing about if its coming to the S9 or S9+ or greater samsung mobile devices. Im hoping to see it released though. I backed as a alpha backer for now, if i see it get a mobile port in the kick starter ill increase my backer tier. Cheers and look forward to seeing it also come to mobile.

@supernet2. We have to determine the minimum screen size, and iron out some other things too. It's a very challenging game to make happen on smaller screens, but we will try.

I understand the technical challenges. I'd go for auto resizing, and a user interface that meshes well with the smaller screens to accomodate for smaller devices. i can see the challenge involved their. Their is another game i would suggest ill need to look back at my android games, but one that pulls it off perfectly and something you maybe able to use as reference for a smaller screen interfance and reference.